The same prompt, three different responses from three different Large Languages Models (LLM) that are easily available: ChatGPT, BingGPT and Bard.
Human large language models
Prompt: How are ChatGPT, BingGPT and Bard different?
ChatGPT, BingGPT, and Bard are three distinct language models developed by OpenAI, and GooogleAI, each with its own characteristics and intended applications. Here are the key differences between them:
- Purpose and training data:
- ChatGPT: ChatGPT is designed to engage in conversation with users and provide useful responses across a wide range of topics. It has been trained on a mixture of licensed data, data created by human trainers, and publicly available text from the internet.
- BingGPT: BingGPT is a language model developed specifically to assist with search-related tasks. It has been trained using a diverse range of internet text, including web pages, search queries, and search result pages.
- Bard: Bard is a language model trained to generate poetic text. It focuses on mimicking different poetic styles, structures, and themes. It has been trained on a curated dataset of high-quality poetry from diverse sources.
- Output style and focus:
- ChatGPT: ChatGPT aims to provide informative and practical responses in a conversational manner. It is designed to generate text that is helpful, engaging, and contextually relevant.
- BingGPT: BingGPT is tailored for search-related tasks and is intended to generate responses that assist users in finding information or performing specific search-related functions.
- Bard: Bard is specifically trained to generate poetic text, with a focus on creating expressive, aesthetic, and emotionally evocative poetry.
- Use cases:
- ChatGPT: ChatGPT can be used in various applications involving interactive dialogue, such as chatbots, virtual assistants, and customer support systems. It is suitable for providing conversational responses to user queries.
- BingGPT: BingGPT is primarily designed to enhance search experiences by providing more accurate and contextually relevant search results, assisting with search queries, or generating snippets for search results.
- Bard: Bard can be used in applications related to creative writing, poetry generation, and artistic expression. It can assist poets, writers, and artists in generating poetic text or serve as a source of inspiration.
These models have different focuses and are trained on different datasets, enabling them to serve distinct purposes. It’s important to consider these differences when choosing the most appropriate model for a specific use case or application.
ChatGPT, BingGPT and Bard are three different models of natural language generation (NLG) that have been developed by OpenAI, Microsoft Research and GoogleAI, respectively. NLG is the task of generating natural language text from some input, such as keywords, images, or structured data. Each of these models has its own strengths and limitations, and they are designed for different purposes and scenarios.
ChatGPT is a model that specializes in conversational text generation. It can generate realistic and engaging dialogues between two or more agents, such as humans or chatbots. ChatGPT is based on the GPT-3 architecture, which uses a large-scale neural network to learn from a massive corpus of text data. ChatGPT can handle various topics, languages, and styles of conversation, and it can also generate creative content such as jokes, stories, or poems.
BingGPT is a model that focuses on web search and information retrieval. It can generate relevant and informative responses to user queries, such as facts, summaries, definitions, or suggestions. BingGPT is also based on the GPT-3 architecture, but it has been fine-tuned on a large collection of web documents and search results. BingGPT can leverage the rich information available on the web to provide comprehensive and accurate answers to user questions.
Bard is a model that excels in generating artistic and literary text. It can generate original and diverse content such as lyrics, essays, speeches, or novels. Bard is based on the Transformer-XL architecture, which uses a recurrent neural network to capture long-term dependencies and coherence in text. Bard can learn from various sources of text data, such as books, articles, or social media posts, and it can generate text with different genres, themes, and emotions.
ChatGPT, BingGPT, and Bard are all large language models (LLMs) that have been trained on massive datasets of text and code. They can all generate text, translate languages, write different kinds of creative content, and answer your questions in an informative way. However, there are some key differences between the three models.
ChatGPT is a model generative pre-trained transformer developed by OpenAI. It is trained on a dataset of text and code that includes a lot of conversation data. This means that ChatGPT is very good at generating text that is conversational and engaging. However, ChatGPT can also be sessed and can generate text that is offensive or harmful.
BingGPT is a model that is based on the same GPT-4 technology as ChatGPT, but it has been trained on a dataset that includes more information about the real world. This means that BingGPT is more likely to generate text that is factual and accurate. However, BingGPT is not as good at generating text that is creative or engaging as ChatGPT.
Bard is a model that is based on Google’s own LaMDA language model. LaMDA is a factual language model that has been trained on a massive dataset of text and code. This means that Bard is very good at generating text that is factual and accurate. However, Bard is also good at generating text that is creative and engaging. Additionally, Bard has access to the information of the world real through Google Search, which allows it to provide more comprehensive and informative answers to your questions.
In general, Bard is a more comprehensive and informative model than ChatGPT or BingGPT. It is less likely to generate text that is offensive or harmful, and it has access to the information of the world real through Google Search. However, ChatGPT is better at generating text that is conversational and engaging, while BingGPT is more likely to generate text that is factual and accurate.
Here is a table that summarizes the key differences between ChatGPT, BingGPT, and Bard:
|Data||Text and code||Text and code||Text and code, as well as information of the world real through Google Search|
|Strengths||Conversational, engaging||Factual, accurate||Comprehensive, informative|
|Weaknesses||Can be sessed||Not as good at generating creative or engaging text||Not as good at generating factual or accurate text|
Ultimately, the best model for you will depend on your specific needs. If you need a model that is good at generating conversational and engaging text, then ChatGPT is a good option. If you need a model that is good at generating factual and accurate text, then BingGPT is a good alternative. And if you need a model that is comprehensive and informative, then Bard is the best option for you.